The DAAD "Public Policy and Good Governance" (PPGG) scholarship includes a living cost stipend from the DAAD and a full tuition waiver from the Hertie School of Governance. The next DAAD-PPGG programme starts in September 2015.
Applicants for the DAAD-PPGG programme choose up to 3 universities in Germany and apply directly to their universities of choice. Local DAAD offices do not accept applications for the PPGG programme but will help in any way they can.
If the MPP at Hertie School is your first choice for the DAAD-PPGG programme please apply via our online application portal and direct all questions concerning the application process to the MPP applications team (mpp-applications(at)hertie-school.org).
The formal admission requirements for the DAAD-PPGG programme at the Hertie School are the following:
- The DAAD-PPGG programme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia and the Middle East (see list of countries). Applicants must not have lived in Germany for more than 15 months when applying.
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree (BA) or its international equivalent. The last completed degree must not be more than 6 years old.
- Unless you are a native speaker or have completed your entire first degree at an English-language university, an official English test is needed for your application. The Hertie School of Governance recognizes the Cambridge ESOL qualifications CPE (minimum grade C), CAE (minimum grade B), the IELTS (with an overall score of at least 7.0 and a writing score of at least 7), as well as the TOEFL tests PBT (with a minimum score of at least 600 points), CBT (250 points) and iBT (100 points).
Applications for the MPP at Hertie School are processed online. To fill in our application form and upload all necessary documents, please access the application module via this link.
The application period for the DAAD-PPGG programme at Hertie School lasts:
- from 1 June 2014 to 15 August 2014. Please note that you cannot apply earlier than 1 June 2014.
To apply, please fill in our online application form and upload the following documents:
- An updated CV,
- A letter of motivation which does not exceed two pages in length and tells us about your motivation and personal suitability for the MPP programme at Hertie School,
- Transcripts and diplomas for all former studies at university level,
- The DAAD scholarship application form. Please make sure to list all other universities you are applying to on page 3.
In order to complete your application we also require:
- Two letters of reference. At least one of these letters must be written by a former professor. The letters of reference must be sent to us directly from the referee, either by email or by mail to this address:
Hertie School of Governance
10117 Berlin, Germany
Please also check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.