Ready for a flexible midcareer master’s? Submit your application by 15 August. It only takes a few simple steps! Here’s what you need to know.
Calling all professionals who want to up their game in leadership and governance: our final application deadline for the Executive MPA is approaching on 15 August. Whether you’re looking to make a career change, aspire to shape decision-making in the workplace, or hope to connect with a network of experienced international professionals like yourself, the Executive MPA can help you advance your career.
With three weeks to go until the application deadline, you still have plenty of time to apply! Let’s talk you through each step:
Here are the documents we require:
- a letter of motivation (500-900 words) – in English or German
- copies of your past degrees and transcripts – these can be unofficial copies for now
- two letters of reference – one should be an annual performance review or recommendation letter from your current employer (or a previous employer). The second can be either a professional or academic letter of reference. It’s okay if your letters of reference arrive after you submit your application. But please try and get them in as soon as possible so we can start evaluating your candidacy sooner.
Submitting your application is easy!
- Create an account in our online application portal
- Select “master’s programmes” in the drop-down menu
- Click on Executive Master of Public Administration to start filling out the form. You can upload all of your documents electronically.
Financial aid still available
We are still offering partial funding for this programme (that means waivers ranging from 10% to 50% of the tuition fees). Please make sure to complete out the “Financial information” section of the application portal if you would like to be considered for financial aid.
Wondering about other sources of funding? Since you can also book single Executive MPA courses or multiple as a certificate, it may also be worth contacting your employer to see if they can cover the programme partially or in full.
We also partner with two education funds, Brain Capital and CHANCEN eG, who provide flexible repayment options after covering the (remaining) tuition costs for the duration of your studies. Check them out and request an appointment for more information!
Tips for the Executive MPA admissions process
Have a look at our application guide for prospective Executive MPAs. After you submit the form and upload all documents in the online portal, we’ll review your application and invite you for an interview with one of our admissions committee members as a next step. Read our tips for the Executive MPA admissions interview to learn more about what’s ahead.
Still have questions? Reach out to us
We’re here for you if you have any questions about the application process, so don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail at empa-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org or call us at +49 30 259 219 114.
You can also attend an upcoming online event or check out this recording of a previous Executive MPA info session: