Global political ties form a multi-layered web which is navigated through diplomancy and global policies. In order to succeed in international relations, trades and conflict management, knowledge in the workings and rules of the international diplomatic sphere are key.
The certificate in Global policy and diplomacy adresses these challenges on a bilateral, European and global level. Participants can choose the fields of study most relevant to their context and learning goals. Our courses combine theoretical foundations and practical implications in today's global stage.
One of the following seminars*
One of the following skills trainings*
- Writing for policymakers (19-20 November 2020)
- Management of transformation and innovation projects (10-11 December 2020)
- Scenario-building and foresight (25-26 January 2021)
- Data skills (22-23 February 2021)
- Political communication (22-23 March 2021)
- Negotiation and mediation (15-16 April 2021)
*Participants make their choice.
Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Three seminars and one skills training, amounting to a total of 11-12 days.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars, as well as for the follow-up assignments.
- 11 ECTS credits are acquired.
€ 6,900 if certificate programme includes a Workshop
Certificate fees are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes (unless otherwise indicated):
Attendance, online access to course literature before the seminars, materials during the seminars, beverages in the Hertie School cafeteria (open on weekdays), correction and rating of assignments, and a final certificate after full and successful attendance (11 ECTS credits are acquired). Participants of the certificate programme must complete the certificate within two years. Most courses take place on an annual basis. All seminars take place at the Hertie School in Berlin, workshops take place in London or Brussels.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.