Hertie School of Governance | Friedrichstraße 180 | 10117 | Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 259219-0
Fax: +49 (0)30 259219-111
Find people by team:
- Assistance to the faculty
- Development, Career Services and Alumni Affairs
- Executive Education
- Finances and Third Party Funding
- Graduate Programmes
- Human Resources and Legal Affairs
- Office of the Managing Director
- Office of the President
- Student Affairs and Financial Aid
Find people by role in the Hertie School People Directory.
Where we are
Click here for an interactive map.
Travelling to the Hertie School
Public transport connections
The closest public transport stops to the Hertie School of Governance are U Französische Straße on the U6 subway line and U Stadtmitte on the U2 and U6 subway lines. To find the best way to get from where you are to the Hertie School, try using Berlin's official public transport website: www.bvg.de
From the major train stations
- Berlin Central Station (Hauptbahnhof): Take the S5, S7, S75, or S9 east to Friedrichstraße. At Friedrichstraße change to the subway line U6 and take it south (direction U Alt-Mariendorf) to the stop Französische Straße. Walk approximately five minutes down Friedrichstraße, crossing Jägerstraße and Taubenstraße. The Hertie School will be on your right, directly next to Deutsche Bank. or: Take Bus 147 (direction Puschkinallee/Elsenstr.) to U Französische Straße and follow the directions above.
- Bahnhof Alexanderplatz: Take the subway line U2 west (direction Ruhleben/ Theodor-Heuss-Platz) to the stop U Stadtmitte. From there walk up Mohrenstraße and turn right onto Friedrichstraße. Walk approximately two minutes up Friedrichstraße. The Hertie School will be on your left, directly next to Deutsche Bank.
From the airports
- By public transport from Berlin-Tegel International Airport: Take the TXL Bus to the stop Unter den Linden/ Friedrichstraße (roughly a 30 minute ride). Walk south down Friedrichstraße, crossing Behrenstraße, Französische Straße, and Jägerstraße (approximately 500 meters). The Hertie School will be on your right, directly next to Deutsche Bank.
- By public transport from Berlin-Schönefeld International Airport: Take the Regional Express train (direction Dessau, Hauptbahnhof) from the airport train station to S+U Friedrichstraße (roughly a 25 minute ride). From there take the subway line U6 to the stop U Französische Straße. Exit the station and walk south along Friedrichstraße, crossing Jägerstraße (approximately 250 meters). The Hertie School will be on your right, next to Deutsche Bank.
- Travel time from Berlin-Tegel International Airport is approximately 20 minutes, with a fare of approx. EUR 20.
- Travel time from Berlin-Schönefeld Airport is approximately 30 minutes, with a fare of approx. EUR 30.
Please note that not all German taxi operators accept credit cards, so please check with the driver before starting your journey.
Upon exiting the motorway, simply follow the signs to Mitte. The Hertie School of Governance is located at the Quartier 110, in Friedrichstraße 180. Metered parking is available in Friedrichstraße or on the surrounding side streets.