Interested in joining us?
Candidates should meet both criteria listed below.
1. Legal practitioners with a law degree and at least two years of relevant experience, belonging to one of the following professional groups:
- Mid-career lawyers
working within law firms/as solo practitioners, with an existing track-record of high-quality work on fundamental rights and rule of law issues with potential for cross-European advocacy;
- Legal staff working within NGOs in the field of fundamental rights and the rule of law, responsible for designing litigation strategies, coordinating their implementation with in-house or external litigators;
- Staff of legal clinics working on fundamental rights and rule of law cases;
- National Human Rights Institutions' (NHRI) legal staff, involved in third party interventions, amicus curiae briefs or litigation.
2. Practicing law or working for an NGO/legal clinic/NHRI in one of the following EU member states:
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Cyprus, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania,
Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.
When you apply to STARLIGHT, you are committing yourself to participating in all activities of the programme, including the in person-skills workshop in Berlin. Participants will be required to cover their own travel expenses to and from Berlin for this. Hotel costs in Berlin will be covered.
Find the programme structure and timeline by clicking the button below.
To submit your application please complete the following steps:
1. Create/login to an account on our application platform.
2. Select "Executive Programmes".
3. Continue to "STARLIGHT" and fill in your data.
4. During the process you will be asked to submit the following information in English:
- your personal data,
- your CV,
- a link to a max. 90-sec. video in which you briefly introduce yourself and explain why you are the ideal candidate to join STARLIGHT,
- descriptions of the following:
- A. the litigation experience you have that is relevant for STARLIGHT (max. 300 words)
- B. one or two example cases you would like to pursue during the STARLIGHT legal clinics in the context of your preferred STARLIGHT thematic module.
- Motivation letter (a motivation letter helps provide further valuable insights to the reviewers)
- Option 1: Upload a Word document with your same answers to points A and B above
- Option 2: Upload a short motivation letter expanding on your answers to points A and B above and providing additional information