Ioana Freise holds a Bachelor of Arts in International Management from the International School of Management (ISM) in Frankfurt. At the Hertie School, she enrolled in the EMPA programme, specialising in digitalisation and big data. Previously, Ioana has worked in numerous mobility start-ups in Berlin and Hamburg, such as Wunder Mobility, where she focused on digitising mobility concepts for cities through data. Her other professional experiences include consulting in the automotive industry and the public sector throughout Germany. During her studies at the Hertie School, she commenced working for TIER Mobility, Germany’s leading micromobility operator, as Head of Cities Germany, where she is responsible for all public-private partnerships in over 55+ cities.
Master's thesis title
A comparative analysis of micromobility policies in the DACH region
Recent professional experience
- Mar. 2021 - present: TIER Mobility, Germany. Head of Cities Germany.
- Jan. 2019 - Aug. 2020: Wunder Mobility, Germany. General Manager Wunder City.
- Jan. 2017 - Dec. 2018: EY, Germany. Senior Strategy Consultant at Mobility Innovation Group.
- Sept. 2014 - Dec. 2016: Hubject, Germany. Start-up and joint venture of BMW, Daimler, Bosch, Siemens, EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg and RWE. Business Development.
- Sept. 2011 - Jun. 2014: International School of Management (ISM), Germany. Bachelor of Arts in International Management.
- Jan. 2013 - Jun. 2013: IQS Universitat Ramon Llull, Spain. Exchange semester in Entrepreneurship, International Marketing.
- 2018: The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA. Certificate in Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity