Irma Gabriadze holds a Bachelor of Laws from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University and a Master of Laws in Public International Law from Riga Graduate School of Law and Leiden University. At the Hertie School, she studied governance and decision making, policymaking (actors, institutions and processes), European Union governance, bureaucracies and evidence-based policymaking. Irma's professional experience comprises working for the Ministry of Justice of Georgia, working as a contracted expert in the NGO sector and now for UNICEF as a Child Protection Officer. In the beginning of her career she also practiced law at the International Criminal Court in the Hague and the UN International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Arusha, Tanzania.
Master's thesis title
UNICEF advocacy in public decision-making processes: Case study - Juvenile justice reform in Georgia
Recent professional experience
- Aug. 2018 - present: UNICEF, Georgia. Child Protection Officer.
- Oct. 2016 - Nov. 2016: Law Library of Congress, Global Legal Research Center, USA. Practicing Fellow (funded by the U.S. Department of State).
- Jan. 2016 - Oct. 2016: Council of Europe (CoE), France. Elected Member of European Committee on Legal Co-operation (CDCJ) Bureau as a Representative of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia.
- Jan. 2014 - Oct. 2016: Ministry of Justice of Georgia, Georgia. Head of the Research and Analysis Unit of the Analytical Department.
- Sept. 2012 - Aug. 2013: Leiden University, Netherlands. Master of Laws in Public International Law with a concentration in humanitarian law (recipient of Wim Deetman Studiefund (WDS) and Netherlands Fellowship Program (NFP) Scholarship).
- Sept. 2011 - Jul. 2012: Riga Graduate School of Law (RGSL), Latvia. Master of Laws in Public International Law and Human Rights (recipient of Open Society Foundation Scholarship).
- Sept. 2007 – Aug. 2009: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU), Georgia. Master of International Law (recipient of state funding and scholarship as a high ranking student).
- Sept. 2003 – Aug. 2007: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU), Georgia. Bachelor of Laws (recipient of state funding and scholarship as a high ranking student).