Julián García Aristizábal holds a Bachelor of Economics, as well as a Master of Science in International Economics, Development and Transition from Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne and a Master of Science in Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility from Université Paris Dauphine. At the Hertie School, he studied public administration, specialising in global governance frontiers. He is currently working as Country Coordinator for the Latin America Department of the Agence Française de Développement (AFD). Previously, he served as an advisor to both the Special Projects Group and the Public Credit Office of Colombia’s National Planning Department (DNP). His professional experience includes consultant positions at Deloitte in Colombia and in France. Julián is interested in opportunities in public administration, international cooperation and development finance.
Master's thesis title
Debt restructuring during the Covid-19 derived crisis: The case of Argentina
Recent professional experience
- Aug. 2019 - present: Agence Française de Développement, France. Country Coordinator.
- Jun. 2017 - Aug. 2019: Agence Française de Développement, Colombia. Project Coordinator.
- Oct. 2016 - Jun. 2017: National Planning Department, Colombia. Advisor to the Special Project Group.
- Dec. 2015 - Oct. 2016. National Planning Department, Colombia. Advisor to the Public Credit Office.
- Sept. 2009 - Jun. 2010: Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, France. Master of Science in International Economics, Development and Transition.
- Sept. 2007 - Jun. 2009: Université Paris Dauphine, France. Master of Science in Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility. One-year exchange (2008-2009) in Industry, Energy and Environment, University of Vienna, Austria.
- Sept. 2004 - Jun. 2008: University of Bordeaux, France. Bachelor of Science in Economics. Exchange semester in 2006 at Universidad de los Andes, Colombia. Final year 2007-2008 at Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne.