The Hertie School of Governance is an international teaching and research center of excellence that prepares students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. An internationally recruited faculty, interdisciplinary in outlook, research, and teaching, offers analytically challenging and practice-oriented courses on governance, policy analysis, management, and leadership. As a professional school, Hertie School faculty has a strong commitment to high-quality teaching. Our goal is to help students grow intellectually in a professional, research-intensive environment, characterized by public debate and engagement.
The Hertie School of Governance is seeking to fill the following position:
Associate Social Media and Digital Content (f/m/div)
The contract is subject to an initial time-limit of 24 months and should start as early as possible.
- Steer the Hertie School’s social media strategy as part of an integrated content strategy and manage the school’s social media channels, including community building, marketing and analysis
- Coordinate our digital content production with a combination of in-house production and work with external service providers
- Package our research, teaching and outreach activities in a media-friendly way
- Advise and support our faculty, centres and projects regarding social media
- Write and edit news and content for our English website
- Support further development of digital communication activities and website content management
- University degree in relevant studies
- Excellent command of English (native-level; the Hertie School´s working language is English)
- Professional proficiency in German is a plus, working knowledge is required
- At least 2 years professional experience in PR, digital content production or online journalism, ideally in a political or academic environment
- Extensive experience with social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and analysis of performance based on key targets
- Experience in digital content production and/or the coordination of the production process
- Skilled in online editing and content management systems (Typo 3) as well as graphics and multimedia editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Keen interest in social sciences, politics and economics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A self-starter and team player
- Creativity and a strong conceptual thinker
- Ability to organize and manage multiple processes simultaneously
We offer a stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information).
To apply: Please send your complete application including a CV, a cover letter, your salary expectations and your earliest day of availability, using the headline “Associate Social Media and Digital Content” to applications[at]hertie-school[dot]org. The deadline for full consideration is 28 May 2018. Strict confidentiality is assured. If you should have any questions regarding the position, please contact Regine Kreitz (Director Communications) at kreitz[at]hertie-school[dot]org.