The Hertie School of Governance prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-oriented approach to the School's teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from theory and practice. The School was founded in 2003 as a project of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
To support our Professor Dr. Andrea Römmele the Hertie School of Governance is seeking to fille the part-time position of a
Research Associate (m/f)
The contract duration is one year, starting date as soon as possible.
- Collaboration, proofreading and copy-editing of scientific articles, coordinating with the authors
- Researching content of lectures, discussions and scientific articles
- Working on briefings and appearances in the media
- Supervising and guiding the student assistants
- University degree (Master or equivalent) preferably in social sciences
- Excellent command of German and English
- Interest in research questions in the broader field of comparative political sociology (parties, participation, elections, campaigns, communication)
We offer a stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (pls. see www.hertie-school.org for further information).
To apply: Please send your application, including a cover letter and CV, using the heading ‘RA Römmele’ to applications[at]hertie-school[dot]org. The deadline for full consideration is 25 February 2018. Strict confidentiality is assured. Informal enquiries can be addressed to Prof. Dr. Andrea Römmele (roemmele[at]hertie-school[dot]org).