The Hertie School of Governance in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-oriented approach to the School's teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The School was founded in 2003 as a project of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
The incoming Dean Research & Faculty, Professor Mark Hallerberg, seeks to fill the following position
Senior Associate Research & Faculty (m/f/div)
Your tasks in close coordination with the Dean Research & Faculty are:
- Faculty Recruitment: Complete organization of faculty recruitment procedures
- Faculty Reviews/Annual Reports: Coordination of review procedures (tenure reviews, merit-based reviews, mid-term evaluations) with internal and external reviewers
- Visiting Faculty and Fellows: Application processes/coordination of proposals, on-boarding process and support during their stay
- Institutional Cooperation (Research related): Support cooperation with institutions such as DIW, WZB, MCC, CGP
- Accreditation Procedures (Research Part): Coordination of research related aspects of accreditation procedures
- Centre Evaluations (Research Part): Prepare and support evaluation process, gather relevant information
- Annual Report Berlin Senate (WR Template) (Research Part): Preparation of yearly report based on the Science Council guidelines for accreditation
- School Policies/Hertie School Handbook (Research Parts): Draft policies for research-related parts
- Excellent university degree (Master or equivalent), preferably in the fields of economics, social sciences or law
- Professional experience of more than one year in higher education/research institution in the fields of research management, research evaluation, faculty recruitment procedures and/or management of research projects
- Knowledge of national and international research landscape (funders, institutions, etc.)
- Pronounced organizational skills, efficient and precise working style
- An analytical mind set and a solid understanding of processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player, proactive person with a can-do attitude
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent command of English and German
We offer a stimulating international and diverse academic environment. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our School has been certified as a family-friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (see www.hertie-school.org for further information).
To apply: Please send your complete application portfolio including cover letter and CV, your salary expectations and information as to your availability, using the heading "Senior Associate Research and Faculty” to applications[at]hertie-school[dot]org until 1 June at the latest. Strict confidentiality is assured. For questions please contact Professor Mark Hallerberg (hallerberg[at]hertie-school[dot]org).