Ten full stipends for international alumni for workshop in Mexico City. Apply today!
We are thrilled to announce that another workshop for Hertie School Alumni is in the making – this time in México City from Wednesday, 22 May - Friday, 24 May 2019.
Thanks to funding from the DAAD, we are able to provide stipends for 10 international alumni, which will cover the costs for flights, accommodation and food for the entirety of the workshop.
The workshop Public policy challenges for entrepreneurship and innovation in Mexico will explore how the private, public, and development sector see and approach the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurship and innovation in Mexico. We will look at the role of digitalisation in an emerging economy and discuss lessons learnt from other countries. At the end of the workshop we will have the opportunity to explore the city and learn about Mexican culture.
The workshop will include keynotes from one of the Hertie School’s new faculty member Leonardo Iacovone (previously at the World Bank Group) and other academics, as well as contributions from alumni in México and other practitioners in the field. The German Ambassador will receive us for a reception at the German Embassy.
Are you interested in discussing entrepreneurship and innovation? Do you have something to contribute based on your professional experience? Then apply for our workshop! Send your CV to alumnirelations[at]hertie-school[dot]org along with the following information (max. 1 page) until 20 March 2019:
- Describe your interest in and experience with entrepreneurship and innovation as well as what you could personally contribute to the workshop
- Your nationality and country of residence
- Funding for 5 alumni from DAC countries and 5 from non-DAC countries (only non-German Hertie School Alumni, living outside of Germany)
- Gender balance
- Relevant professional experience in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Motivation to support the international alumni network
- Priority will be given to alumni who are willing to offer internships, professional year positions or master thesis projects to current students. Please indicate this in your letter.