Executive Master of Public Administration
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and become a leader in your field? Look no further than the Hertie School's Executive MPA programme! Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to tackle complex policy challenges and lead organisations to success.
Tackling complex public policy challenges requires an interdisciplinary approach that draws on a range of expertise and skills. Our Executive MPA programme offers unparalleled flexibility, allowing you to tailor your studies to your individual needs and interests. The Executive MPA takes an inter-sectoral perspective and offers knowledge and skills that are relevant across sectors. Students will graduate with the knowledge and practical experience to lead organisations through complex policy challenges.
- International executive programme (MPA degree) in English located in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible programme: Study full-time (1 year) or part-time (2-4 years)
- Acquire core knowledge in governance, public policy and management
- Professional exchange with international peers from all sectors and life-long career services
- International partners and study abroad opportunities
- Scholarships available
- Annual programme start: September, modular entry via single certificate courses also possible
Our programme is designed to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals with part-time and full-time options so that you can balance your coursework with your professional and personal responsibilities.
- Study full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years, extendable to 3-4 years)
- 14 courses (60 ECTS in total) in Berlin and one four-day workshop in Brussels or London
- 43 days of attendance in total (60 ECTS)
- Combine courses in one- or two-week sessions to reduce the number of trips to Berlin
By completing our Executive MPA programme, you'll graduate with the knowledge and practical experience you need to lead organisations through complex policy challenges. With strong leadership, management, and analytical and communication skills, you'll be well-equipped to succeed in whatever path you choose. Don't miss your chance to join this dynamic, transformative programme and take your career to the next level!
Courses can also be booked individually or in combination as a certificate. Credits earned and fees paid for these can be fully transferred to the Executive MPA programme. Registrations for executive trainings are accepted throughout the year.
An international and diverse community
We know that it's not just about what you'll learn – it's about who you'll learn with. Our Executive MPA cohort is highly diverse in terms of regional composition, educational backgrounds and career paths, providing a rich learning environment that will challenge and inspire you.
Our international faculty is widely known for their research and teaching excellence, offering you numerous opportunities to connect and engage with our professors as well as a variety of international and policy organisations to enhance and expand your professional networks.