The ETGN executive education trainings transfer knowledge and competence from the classroom to the workplace and address both current and future transnational policy challenges.
The ETGN's joint executive education equips participants with the relevant skills and networking experience that will positively impact their long-term career performance while also providing benefits to society at large.
Who we are
The ETGN is a training and development partnership among eight prestigious European academic and research institutions, offering transnational perspectives on governance issues of the 21st century:
- Central European University
- College of Europe, Bruges Campus
- College of Europe, Natolin Campus
- École Nationale D'Aministration
- School of Transnational Governance, European University Institute
- Hertie School
- SciencesPo Paris
- SDA Bocconi School of Management
Founded in 2018, the ETGN consortium partners share knowledge and competences and deliver collaborative executive education, providing participants with the opportunity to receive the ETGN certificate.
Executive training courses
The following Hertie School executive training courses can be taken as part of the ETGN certificate programme. Courses in the ongoing semester will take place as scheduled. The Hertie School has moved all teaching activities to highly interactive and participative online formats.
- Economics for policymakers (29 November - 02 December 2021)
- Managing organisational change (04 - 06 April 2022)
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship (09 - 11 December 2021)
- Smart decisions in government and business (16 - 18 May 2022)
- Digital governance (28 - 30 March 2022)
- Political communication (02 - 03 May 2022)
- Negotiation and mediation (24 - 25 March 2022)
- Good governance and anti-corruption (04 - 06 May 2022)
Please mention "ETGN certificate" in the comment section of your application.
The mission of the ETGN is to provide mid-career and senior professionals with a unique opportunity to deepen and extend their knowledge and competences in the area of public policy innovation in relation to European and Transnational Governance. Therefore, the ETGN develops innovative, interactive and impactful executive education training initiatives, leveraging the comparative advantages of the academic curricula of the participating institutions. The trainings have a strong orientation towards civic service to include civil society and private sector organisations across the world.
What You Will get
- A multidisciplinary approach that combines sector competences with leadership and management skills in a multicultural training environment
- Evidence-based knowledge and competences grounded in leading innovative research
- Access to a network of internationally-renowned teachers and trainers from academia, public institutions and private practice
- The co-creation of knowledge through individual, professional experience exchange among peers in a safe training space
The ETGN Certificate
The ETGN releases the Joint Certificate on European and Transnational Governance to all participants who have completed executive education training courses at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours, within a maximum period of two (2) years.
A scholarship scheme to support the mobility of participants interested in receiving the Joint Certificate is made available by the network partners.
Scholarships are competitive awards based on academic excellence, personal suitability and motivation. A Selection Committee made up of ETGN Partners will evaluate scholarship applications according to the following criteria: (i) Academic background, achievements (awards, publications) and relevance of the applicant’s academic profile (40%); (ii) personal suitability (work experience, international experience and other personal achievements), as well as the added value of the selected executive training courses for the academic/professional project of the applicant (40%), (iii) motivation and understanding of the ETGN joint certificate system (20%). Applicants interested in receiving a scholarship should submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and a short motivation letter (max. 0,5 pages). Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Our Guiding Principles
As long as all your executive education courses are completed at three (3) partner institutions, for a minimum of one hundred (100) hours and within a maximum period of two (2) years, you should be able to claim your certificate. Please refer to the contact person of the last partner school you got in touch with for further information.
Training courses are targeted at executives, officials, professionals of governments, professionals of International organisations and International & domestic NGOs who want to enhance their skills in policy-making beyond the state, academic curricula and interpersonal networking capabilities with peers from all over the world. Please contact the reference person of the partner institution of your interest to get a personalised orientation service and discover which course is best suitable to your needs.
All questions on scholarships should be addressed to the reference person of the institution you are applying at.