Join this CIVICA conference on emerging trends shaping education in the post-COVID world.
In our technology-driven world, digital tools have profoundly transformed the realm of education. Higher education institutions in particular have witnessed first-hand an accelerated transition to online practices and virtual communities. The experience within CIVICA has certainly shown how a university alliance with European reach can foster agility and innovation at a time like this. In the post-COVID world, the digital experiment might lead us towards a new norm.
In this online CIVICA dissemination conference, policymakers, theorists, practitioners and students will come together to reflect on the impact of the digital transformation on the present and future of universities. Drawing on experiences with digitalisation in academia at local, national or European level, participants will explore the potential of recent innovations to advance education and discuss concrete steps to implement this vision.
- Mariya Gabriel is European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth.
- Mark Hallerberg is Acting President and Professor of Public Management and Political Economy at the Hertie School.
- Vanessa Scherrer is Vice President for International Affairs of Sciences Po.
- Anke Hassel is Professor of Public Policy at the Hertie School.
- Dilly Fung is Pro-Director for Education, London School of Economics (tbc).
- Hilda Hardell is a third-year bachelor student, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Leonardo Caporarello is Professor of Practice of Organizational Behavior, Delegate Rector for E-Learning and Director of BUILT Center for Innovation in Learning and Teaching at Bocconi University.
- Remus Pricopie is Rector of the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration Romania (SNSPA).
- Annika Zorn is Director of PhD Programmes and Digital Learning at the Hertie School.