A workshop to better understand how you and others respond to change, the impact environment has on embedding change and to practice techniques to support others throughout the process
The only thing certain in business is change. Your challenge is to develop confidence as an initiator of change and to adapt your leadership style to help others transition from the old to the new.
Attend this workshop to better understand how you and others respond to change, the impact environment has on embedding change and to practice techniques to support others throughout the process.
How do I know I should attend this workshop?
- Do you have an understanding of how the right environment can support change, but are sometimes uncertain how to create that environment?
- Are you looking to get feedback on your leadership style?
- Have you previously experienced pitfalls as a leader during, or as a result of, change?
- Do you sometimes question why members of your team have reacted to change in a certain way?
- Could you benefit from more tools in your change management toolkit?
If you answer yes to most of these five questions, then this workshop is for you.
What will I do?
You will work on:
- Handling change, and its challenges, effectively
- Establishing trust within your team
- Mapping change in your organization and applying different models to your team
- Understanding drivers of human behavior and how they impact the people you are leading through change
- Practicing with your peers to embed learning
What are the outcomes?
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Approach periods of change with confidence that will serve you and your team
- Adapt how you respond to change
- Adapt your leadership style to guide others through change effectively
- Analyze the stages of change and understand how to manage next steps
How do I prepare?
We’d encourage you to read this HBR article: https://hbr.org/2012/11/accelerate. During the workshop, you will also be asked to share your experience with the group, to give and receive peer feedback. Please come ready to do that.
Please note that this event is only open to Hertie School Alumni.