Joint conference of the Hertie-Innovationskolleg, RiffReporter - The Cooperative for Free Journalism, the Association of Freelance Editors (VFLL) and the Hertie School.
2:00-2:15 pm | Welcome and introduction
- Michael Knoll (Hertie-Innovationskolleg)
- Christian Schwägerl (RiffReporter)
2:15-3:00 pm | Will fact-checking re-build trust in journalism?
- Brooke Borel (Science journalist and author "The Chicago Guide to Fact-Checking")
- Andrea Römmele (Professor for Communication in Politics and Civil Society, Hertie School of Governance)
3:00-4:15 pm | The future of quality assurance 1
The expertise of science
- Mirjam Jenny (Head Research Scientist, Harding Center for Risk Literacy, Max Planck Institute for Human Development)
The reader as a fact-checker
- Orit Kopel (Co-founder and VP Business Development, Wikitribune)
Quality assurance in publishing houses
- Bertram Weiß and Arno Nehlsen (GEO Wissensmagazin)
4:15-4:35 pm | Coffee break
4:35-5:50 pm | The future of quality assurance 2
Can artificial intelligence help us?
- Dhruv Ghulati (Co-founder and CEO, Factmata)
Quality-check and fact-checking before and after publishing
- Marcus Anhäuser (Science journalist and Editorial Director, "Medien-Doktor Medizin")
Quality assurance - a business model?
- Sam Dubberley (Managing Editor, CrossCheck)
5:50-6:20 pm | Plenary debate
6:20-6:30 pm | Outlook
- Tanja Krämer and Christian Schwägerl (Executive Board, RiffReporter)
If you would like to attend, please register via e-mail to Michael Knoll (knollm[at]ghst[dot]de).