The Hertie School and the European Commission, Joint Research Centre (Competence Centre Foresight / EU Policy Lab) cordially invite current students and alumni to a half-day engagement workshop to discuss the future of government 2030+. This workshop is chaired by Gerhard Hammerschmid, Professor of Public and Financial Management at the Hertie School.
In this workshop, Hertie school students and alumni are invited to take a glimpse into possible worlds of tomorrow. The aim of this session is to trigger a debate on shifts in the power-relationships between citizens and government and resulting transformation of the roles of government and the ways decisions are made and public value is created. The workshop will build on scenarios on future relationships between citizens, businesses and governments that are based on the input from citizen workshops in several member states and initial groundwork from students of design thinking.
Why should you participate in this session?
• Engage in a discussion of plausible futures of government moderated by a team from the European Commission´s JRC
• Experience a new engagement tool developed by JRC and design thinking students
• Understand changing roles of actors and test different strategies on how to address them
• Rethink your role as citizen or professional
• Elaborate ideas on how to best be prepared for the future
• Reflect which future you want and how to shape it
You will receive further information and a detailed agenda ahead of the workshop.
The workshop will take place on Thursday 13 December from 14:00 to 18:00 in the Forum at the Hertie School, and is chaired by Gerhard Hammerschmid, Professor of Public and Financial Management at the Hertie School.
We have already reached the maximum number of participants, but are in the process of applying to accommodate for the large interest in this workshop. If you would like to be notified if a space becomes available, please submit your name to the waiting list via firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified of your registration status at latest by 7 December 2018.