This certificate is designed for experienced professionals who would like to enhance their general management competencies. Professionals who complete this certificate are equipped with the latest concepts and practical tools in the field of leadership and management.
Participants look at selected cases and discuss their practical experience with each other. They learn how to develop their own leadership approach, structure complex decision-making processes and make effective use of resources, enhance their organisation’s strategic capacity, improve performance, initiate social innovation, and lead organisational change.
Three of the following seminars*
- Challenges to Democracy in the 21st Century (30 October - 1 November 2023)
- Power and Influence: Leadership in Action (02 - 04 November 2023)
- Workshop in Berlin (07 - 10 November 2023)
- Economics for Policy-Makers (29 November - 02 December 2023)
- Smart Decisions in Government and Business (04 - 06 December 2023)
- Designing, Leading and Growing Organisations (25 - 27 January 2024)
- Bureaucracies and Evidence-Based Policy-Making (29 February - 02 March 2024)
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship (23-25 November 2023 or 25 - 27 March 2024)
- Evaluation, Monitoring and Design of Policies and Programmes (10 - 12 April 2024)
- People Management (13 - 15 May 2024)
- Making Change Feasible: Insitutional Change and Reform (16 - 18 May 2024)
- Workshop in Brussels (11 - 14 June 2024)
One of the following skills trainings*
*Participants make their choice.
Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least three years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Three seminars and one skills training, amounting to a total of 11-12 days.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars, as well as for the follow-up assignments.
- 11 ECTS credits are acquired.
€ 7,700 if certificate programme includes a Workshop
Certificate fees are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes (unless otherwise indicated):
Attendance, online access to course literature before the seminars, materials during the seminars, beverages in the Hertie School cafeteria (open on weekdays), correction and rating of assignments, and a final certificate after full and successful attendance (11 ECTS credits are acquired). Participants of the certificate programme must complete the certificate within two years. Most courses take place on an annual basis. All seminars take place at the Hertie School in Berlin, workshops take place in London or Brussels.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.