This certificate is designed for experienced professionals who would like to enhance their general management competencies. Professionals who complete this certificate are equipped with the latest concepts and practical tools in the field of leadership and management.
Participants look at selected cases and discuss their practical experience with each other. They learn how to develop their own leadership approach, structure complex decision-making processes and make effective use of resources, enhance their organisation’s strategic capacity, improve performance, initiate social innovation, and lead organisational change.
Three of the following seminars*
- Bureaucracies and evidence-based policymaking (06 - 08 October 2022)
- Power and influence: Leadership in action (24 - 26 October 2022)
- Economics for policymakers (14 - 17 November 2022)
- Workshop in Berlin (29 November - 02 December 2022)
- Designing, leading and growing organisations (26 - 28 January 2023)
- Smart decisions in government and business (30 January - 01 February 2023)
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship (23 - 25 February 2023)
- Public sector innovation (16 - 18 March 2023)
- Evaluation, monitoring and design of policies and programmes (17-19 April 2023)
- Managing organisational change (20-22 April 2023)
- Good governance and anti-corruption (04 - 06 May 2023)
- Workshop in Brussels (20 - 23 June 2023)
One of the following skills trainings*
*Participants make their choice.
Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least three years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Three seminars and one skills training, amounting to a total of 11-12 days.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars, as well as for the follow-up assignments.
- 11 ECTS credits are acquired.
€ 7,700 if certificate programme includes a Workshop
Certificate fees are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes (unless otherwise indicated):
Attendance, online access to course literature before the seminars, materials during the seminars, beverages in the Hertie School cafeteria (open on weekdays), correction and rating of assignments, and a final certificate after full and successful attendance (11 ECTS credits are acquired). Participants of the certificate programme must complete the certificate within two years. Most courses take place on an annual basis. All seminars take place at the Hertie School in Berlin, workshops take place in London or Brussels.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.