In a 5- or 6-day programme, professionals are enabled to develop key competencies and skills in leadership, negotiation, communication and conflict management.
Participants of the Hertie School Leadership Programme visit either two Executive Seminars or one Executive Seminar and one Skills Training.
- Power and influence: Leadership in action (9-11 October 2017)
- Public Value Leadership: Creating Value in Society (14-16 June 2018)
- Conflict Management (8-9 March 2018)
- Public Communication Skills (26-27 April 2018)
- Leadership for New Leaders (12-13 June 2018)
- Negotiation (21-22 June 2018)
*Participants make their choice.
All courses take place at the Hertie School of Governance in central Berlin. Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Participation in two courses (5 or 6 days in total) in Berlin
- Additional time for the preparation of the Executive Seminars "Power and Influence" and/or "Public Value Leadership"
- No follow-up assignment is required. Participants who wish to continue with a Certificate programme or the Executive MPA Programme may acquire ECTS credits, which can be transferred to these programmes.
- The Executive Seminars will start at 11am on the first day and end at 4pm on the third day.
- The skills trainings take place from 9am - 6pm on both days.
The fee for the Hertie School Leadership Programme is exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Fee includes: attendance, online access to course documents, materials during the seminars, beverages, final certificate.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.