Start Your Search for On/Off Campus Access
Search books, eBooks, articles, journals and more.
- Please find the remote access manual for off-campus access to the library's eResources here.
Library User Account
- Login credentials:
- Username for students: The number 4380 plus your matriculation number (example: 4380 + sample matriculation number 123456 = library account username 4380123456)
- Default password for students: 1) date of your birthday in DDMMYY format (example: birthday date 20.08.1999 = password 200899) OR 2) the first three letters of your surname (uncapitalised)
- Username for staff members: Barcode number on the back of your Hertie School ID card or your library account user number
- Default password for staff members: 1) 010100 OR 2) the first three letters of your surname (uncapitalised)
- Please try to login with both options and change the password ASAP.
More about the library
The Hertie School is an institution of higher learning committed to academic excellence. The library team sees it as its responsibility to equip students and faculty with the necessary tools for their academic research. We try to accomplish this goal by providing our library users with access to electronic resources from everywhere on campus. Relevant articles from journals, such as the European Journal of Political Research or Journal of Public Policy, are just a mouse click away. The library offers access to a long list of databases, the most prominent being EconLit, Lexis Nexis, and JSTOR. Beyond online databases, the library team is constantly developing and building other research resources such as a print collection, which offers important literature on policy, law, and economy. The online catalogue is growing daily and offers students an overview of the library collections.
The Library and Information Services (LIS) of the Hertie School is located on the first floor (1. OG) of the campus. A reading room is attached to the library for students and others who seek a calm and quiet place to work. The library and the reading room also offer a number of communal network points available to students to plug in their laptops in order to access the internet after authentication. Students at the Hertie School have the advantage of an innovative research infrastructure combined with a committed library team, who are constantly busy developing and improving educational and research opportunities.