This scholarship is advertised by the Ministry of Education and Research and aims to support students studying in Germany with a monthly amount of 300 Euro for 12 months. For more information please have a look at the ministries website.
To be eligible for the grant you must meet the following criteria:
- MPP or MIA students with no further financial aid such as Hertie Tuition Waiver, scholarship, travel grant etc.
- Full-time enrolment at the Hertie School for at least 12 more months
Required application documents:
- Submitted online request MyStudies
- Explanatory statement
- Most recent transcript (Bachelor or Master)
Please submit your application via MyStudies by Monday, 31 July, 23:59 (CET) if you would like to apply.
Brain Capital offers a flexible concept for students with EU citizenship or a permanent EU work permit to finance their studies based on the idea of the Generation Contract, "Umgekehrte Generationenvertrag (UGV)".
Brain Capital will cover up to 100% of tuition fees. Recipients begin repayments once they begin earning a minimum annual salary of €30,000. Repayments last for a maximum of 10 years and are based on recipient's earnings, the maximum being 10% of total income. These repayments will, in turn, enable future generations of Hertie School students to concentrate on their studies without the immediate burden of tuition fees.
Brain Capital additionally offers career advice and coaching during your studies and after graduation. [more]
Brain Capital GmbH
Phone: +49 261 / 450 934 90
“We want you to study at Hertie School of Governance irrespective of your financial situation.”
CHANCEN eG is a social enterprise. Our fair financial solution for tuition fees is for students with EU citizenship, OECD citizenship and beyond. We believe everyone should have equal access to education.
The Income Share Agreement (ISA) is the backbone of our fair financial solution. CHANCEN eG takes care of your tuition fees whilst you focus on your studies. You commit to making income-based repayments once you earn above the minimum income threshold. Together, we ensure that your repayments enable future generations to access education.
For students with EU citizenship, repayments last for a maximum of 10 years and are based on recipient's earnings, the maximum being 9% of relevant income.
Become part of the CHANCEN eG community. You can follow your dreams and at the same time ensure that future generations also have the same opportunity. [more]
The Income Share Agreement thrives on the commitment by all members of the cooperative community, united in their striving for equal opportunities for all people regardless of financial background, race, gender and nationality.
The following loan options provide funding for students studying at a German university. International students are generally eligible to apply but 1 or 2 German (citizen) guarantors are a requirement.
Studentische Darlehnskasse e.V.
- The Studentische Darlehnskasse e.V. offers students the opportunity to finance their studies regardless of personal factors such as their parents’ income, the student's age, their nationality, or field of studies.
- Basic condition: 1 to 2 guarantors (must be a German citizen or permanent resident)
- Length: up to 24 months
- Amount: up to 12,000 euros (max. 750 euros/month)
- Interest rate: 2 to 6% (depending on your repayment length)
- Repayment: starts 7 months after the last disbursement (min. 75 euros) [more]
Bildungsfonds (Career Concept AG)
- Bildungsfonds assists students in financing tuition fees and living costs.
- Eligibility: EU citizenship; non-EU citizens need to provide a German guarantor
- Amount: up to 40,000 euros
- Repayment: starts upon career entry; 4-10% of monthly income; individual conditions [more]
- CHE-Studienkredit-Test (Overview in German)
- Studienkredit.de (Information portal on student loans in German)
- FinAid (Information on public and private loans in English)
- International Student (Information and search tool on student loans in English)
Additional information and funding options
The Hertie School will actively support admitted students in finding external funding. Please note that the options listed above are not exhaustive and further information on external funding options and additional options will be provided on request after admission to a study programme. Please contact us at external-funding[at]hertie-school[dot]org.
The above listed options are a selection of stipend, grant, funds as well as loan providers that have provided financial assistance to Hertie School students in the past. Borrowing funds is optional and students need to carefully select the loan programme that best matches their financial need.
Please note that the providers listed here are recommendations only and the Hertie School bears no responsibility for any contracts made between students and the grants or loan providers.