Master of Data Science for Public Policy
Global migration, combatting disinformation or creating smart cities - today's complex issues call for a new generation of policymakers and problem solvers who understand how to combine policy and data to create solutions for government, civil society and business.
The Master of Data Science for Public Policy (MDS) brings together passionate students from both technical and social science backgrounds to deepen their analytical skills and develop an in-depth understanding of the policy world. During this two-year master's they learn how to leverage algorithmic decision-making to tackle some of the most complex challenges of our time with data-driven solutions.
If you want to learn how to turn data into responsible solutions across all sectors, then this programme is for you. At the Hertie School in Berlin the worlds of policy and data intersect in and outside the classroom, empowering you to build a unique profile for your career from day one.
Key facts about the Master of Data Science for Public Policy
- 2-year, full-time programme (120 ECTS) in English
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- Tuition: 17,250 euros per year (more about tuition and fees)
- Scholarships available
- Career services, professional and alumni network
- Leading international faculty
- Qualifies for a job-seeking visa in Germany (up to 18 months after graduation)