Focus is on AI, data science and digital transformation and on strengthening CIVICA network.
Alumni from the Hertie School and the CIVICA university network are invited to apply for an online workshop on The Future of Work: AI, Data Science and Digital Transformation on 10 and 11 November 2020. The workshop was originally scheduled to take place at the Hertie School in May 2020 but had to be postponed due to the current circumstances.
The workshop aims to strengthen and connect the alumni networks within the CIVICA alliance, founded by the Hertie School and seven other institutions from France, Hungary, Italy, Romania, the UK and Sweden.
Workshop: The Future of Work: AI, Data Science and Digital Transformation
Several CIVICA partners have data science programmes, among others, the Hertie School Data Science Lab. The lab is a research and training hub that tackles societal challenges with computational and data-intensive methods. Its mission is to foster, advance and promote excellence in data science research, education and application to enable better decision-making for the common good.
The workshop objective. Developing skills in data science and artificial intelligence (AI) have been identified as major challenges by the world’s leading economies, including Germany, the UK and the USA. Their AI skills strategies aim to equip citizens for the impact of next generation technology on their jobs and on the labour market. Evidence shows a fast-growing demand for expertise in AI, data science, and digital domains.
This workshop brings together alumni from the CIVICA partners and top researchers from partner data science programmes to discuss the skills needed in the Future of Work as well as in the workplace of today.
Is your work related to data in either the public, private or the third sector? Do you feel that you could contribute to these questions and the CIVICA alumni network? Find out below if you are eligible for the workshop, apply and spread the word!
- You are an alum of the Hertie School or any other CIVICA university in our network (Bocconi University, Central European University, the European University Institute, the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Sciences Po, the Stockholm School of Economics or the London School of Economics and Political Science)
- You will be able to attend the entire workshop (10-11 November 2020)
To apply please send us the following:
- Your CV, which includes the following information:
- Your current main place of residence
- The name of your university, programme and year of your graduation
- A short paragraph (included in your email) that states your motivation on why you would like to join the workshop and how you could contribute to it
Please send all documents to alumnirelations[at]hertie-school[dot]org by 1 November 2020
Apply, meet interesting alumni from all CIVICA universities, attend exciting discussions on Data Science, and join the Hertie School Alumni network!