There’s still time to submit your MPP, MIA, and MDS applications before our final deadline!
Time flies doesn’t it? As we’re leaving the chilly winter months behind us and enjoying Berlin’s fine spring weather, our 1 May deadline is coming nearer and nearer. Don’t worry though! There’s still plenty of time to submit an application so you can begin your master’s in fall 2022. If you’re still unsure about our application process though, check out this helpful video below.
Funding your studies.
There are still lots of ways to finance your time here at the Hertie School. All applicants who apply by 1 May can be considered for a partial tuition-fee waiver of up to 50%. We also have several other scholarships available:
- International Security Policy Scholarship (full tuition waiver for MIA only)
- Digital Governance Scholarship (full tuition waiver for MPP, MIA, and MDS)
- Scholarship for Public Servants in Brazil (partial tuition waiver covering at least 50% of study fees)
- Hertie School Fellowship (automatic 25% tuition reduction granted to admitted applicants who are stipend holders of the German Begabtenförderungswerke)
Aside from this, make sure you consider your external funding options too! Our External Funding page and team can help you explore different ways to finance your studies.
Tips for your application
Here are some helpful tips on the different documents we require for admission:
- Letter of motivation
- Letters of reference
- English proficiency test scores, if applicable (can be sent to us before 1 June)
Please upload all documents - except academic letters of reference - along with your application form in our online portal. You may also send your English proficiency results to us at a later time if you have yet to take a test, but please do so by 1 June.
We’re accepting Executive MPA applications until 1 August
Prospective Executive Master of Public Administration students have a bit more time to apply to our flexible, mid-career programme for working professionals. Still, we encourage you to apply sooner rather than later, as our priority deadline is 1 June. View the admissions requirements here.
Get in touch!
As always, we’re here for you every step of the way in the admissions process. If you have any doubts while filling in your application, send us an e-mail: grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org
We look forward to seeing you at the Hertie School later this year!