International Hertie School Alumni who work on sustainability in the public, private or the third sector are encouraged to apply.
We are very happy to inform you that we will host another pre-Reunion workshop for international alumni from 8-10 May 2019 with funds from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Come to Berlin, meet your fellow alumni, attend exciting lectures, workshops and field trips on sustainability and stay for the Alumni Reunion. A draft programme will be available soon.
What it’s all about:
- We secured funding from the DAAD to support projects with our international alumni.
- Specifically, we have funding for 26 international alumni to come to workshop in Berlin. A stipend will cover the cost of your flight, visa, accommodation and meals during the workshop. As this workshop takes place just before the Alumni Reunion (8-10 May), we encourage you to extend your stay and attend the Reunion as well.
- The workshop will take place from 8-10 May 2019 and will involve lectures, workshops, field trips and networking opportunities.
This year we would like to invite you to critically reflect on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) during the three conference days. The questions we would like to tackle are:
- What is the status quo with regards to the implementation of the SGDs?
- What works well and what needs improvement?
- How can policy coherence between different sectors be improved?
- What are the challenges in your own organisations that you are confronted with and which tools do you have to deal with them?
Sounds interesting? Is your work related to sustainability in either the public, private or the third sector? Do you feel that you could make a contribution to these questions? Please check if you are eligible for the workshop, apply and spread the word.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You are an international Hertie School Alumni (non-German, living outside of Germany).
- You will be able to attend the entire workshop including the evening sessions and the Reunion
In order to apply:
Send us your CV and a letter of motivation that includes a reflection on this theme, how it impacts your work and how you could contribute to the workshop (maximum of 1 page) to bramer[at]hertie-school[dot]org by 20 January 2019. Please also include the following information:
- Place of residence
- Programme and year of graduation
You can read about our previous pre-Reunion workshops here.