Römmele featured in print and broadcast media on the selection of Chancellor candidates for the upcoming federal election.
This week, two major political parties in Germany confirmed their selection for candidates who will lead their parties into federal elections this September with the aim of succeeding Chancellor Angela Merkel.
As party leaders and members deliberated, Professor of Communication in Politics and Civil Society Andrea Römmele offered her analysis on the candidates and campaigns to several media outlets, including in the Financial Times and for ARD's Tageschau. The Green Party announced Annalena Baerbock as their top candidate; the CDU/CSU conservative alliance have selected Armin Laschet.
- 20 April 2021 - Financial Times - “Greens’ Baerbock hopes to somersault to top of German politics”
- 19 April 2021 - Tageschau - "Kommunikations- und Politikwissenschaftlerin Andrea Römmele zur K-Frage der Union: 'Es ist mittlerweile ein maximaler Schaden entstanden' "
- 19 April 2021 - Arte Journal - Evening Edition
- 19 April 2021 - Phoenix der tag - "Prof. Andrea Römmele zur Kanzlerinkandidatur von Annalena Baerbock"
- 23 April 2021 - Bloomberg Surveillance
The Hertie School is not responsible for any content linked or referred to from these pages.
Views expressed by the author/interviewee may not necessarily reflect the views and values of the Hertie School.