Kicking off our new academic year with President Woll's inaugural address, 1.5 million euro grants for future research and more highlights.
As we head off into the new academic year, this month's newsletter highlights the most prominent happenings at the Hertie School, including welcoming our new students, professors and deans, and saying goodbye to fresh graduates as they continue on their professional journeys.
Find out more about:
- The official opening of our academic year, where Hertie School President Cornelia Woll addressed the university's growth, changes in deanships and the power of diversity in her inaugural speech
- The Executive MPA graduation ceremony, with 18 new graduates and commencement speaker Dr Obiageli "Oby" Ezekwesili
- The Centre for Sustainability's new energy crisis webpage, bundling essential research, lectures and news on energy policies, market reform and much more
- Two major research grants amounting to 1.5 million euros for Hertie School researchers: Professors Slava Jankin and Lynn Kaack from the Data Science Lab and Başak Çalı from the Centre for Fundamental Rights will research the links between health and climate change and UN Human Rights Treaty Body case law, respectively.
- The 2022 winner of the DAAD Prize, Sanyam Bajaj (MPP 2024)
Check out the full newsletter here.
Would you like to receive our monthly newsletter? Subscribe now!