Visiting PhD researchers may participate in the academic activities of the Hertie School (research colloquia and events). They may also participate in methods and professional skills workshops offered during their stay, if places are available.
How to apply
Please send the following to phd-applications[at]hertie-school[dot]org:
- Letter of motivation, including: proposed dates of visit, reason for visit, and external funding if applicable;
- Name of the Hertie School faculty members who support the visit;
- Research proposal or outline of dissertation;
- MA transcript and degrees, PhD transcript;
- Proof of current enrolment as a doctoral student;
- Letter of recommendation from main advisor (emailed separately by main advisor).
All documents must be provided in English.
When to apply
Applications are accepted throughout the year and will be processed on a rolling basis. We kindly ask for your patience while we review your application documents.