What we offer
- Flexible, short-term programmes: Certificates and Intensive Programmes, Executive Seminars and Skills Trainings, as well as workshops in Brussels and London. All courses are also part of the Executive MPA programme.
- Study tailored to individual needs and interests
- International faculty, experts and participants from the public, non-profit and business sectors
- Central location in Berlin, a vibrant hub of European public dialogue
- Option to transfer credits to Executive MPA programme
- NEW Digital Week – Gain cutting-edge skills and know-how on digital transformation and digital governance. Join us from 18 – 23 February 2019. [more]
What you need to apply
- Higher education degree
- At least two years relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
Executive Seminars and Skills Trainings
Our seminars and skills trainings (two to four days each) introduce professionals to current practices in public management, leadership and governance. They allow them to sharpen their skills and offer a forum for exchange at the interface of the public, private and non-profit sectors. All credits are transferable to an Executive Certificate or the Executive MPA. [course catalogue]
By combining four selected Executive Seminars and Skills Trainings (11-12 days in total), participants can focus on a specific area of interest and choose from seven academic certificates.
The Hertie School – ESCP Europe Certificate Series addresses issues and skills related to general management such as leadership, strategy and decision-making, as well as marketing and communication. All credits are transferable to the Executive MPA.
In a range of five- to seven-day programmes, professionals develop key competencies and skills in leadership, management, innovation, digitalisation, communication, EU governance and decision-making. [more]
The EU Workshop in Brussels explains how the institutions of the European Union and the decision-making process in Brussels work in practice. [more]
The Workshop in London analyses and critically reflects upon current public management developments and experiences in UK government. [more]
The workshops are open for individual enrolment. They are also part of the Executive MPA Programme and selected Executive Certificates.
European Capitals Programme
The Hertie School (Berlin), the SciencesPo School of Public Affairs (Paris) and the LUISS School of Government (Rome), together with the Policy Institute at King’s College (London), offer an intensive learning experience for public policy and management executives to tackle the challenges of cooperation among European countries and EU institutions. [more]
Next start planned for March 2019.
How to apply
Registration is possible throughout the year. Admission is subject to availability.