This certificate is designed for experienced professionals who would like to enhance their general management competencies. Professionals who complete this certificate are equipped with the latest concepts and practical tools in the field of leadership and management.
Participants look at selected cases and discuss their practical experience with each other. They learn how to develop their own leadership approach, structure complex decision-making processes and make effective use of resources, enhance their organisation’s strategic capacity, improve performance, initiate social innovation, and lead organisational change.
This certificate includes:
Three of the following seminars*
- Power and influence: Leadership in action (7-9 October 2019)
- People Management (10-12 October 2019)
- Bureaucracies & Evidence-Based Policy-Making (24-26 October 2019)
- Managing organisational change (28-30 October 2019)
- Public sector innovation (21-23 November 2019)
- Social innovation (25-27 November 2019)
- Economics for Policy-makers (19–22 February 2020)
- Technology Policy and Digital transformation (09-11 March 2020)
- Conflict prevention and crisis management (30 March - 1 April 2020)
- Good governance and anti-corruption (02-04 April 2020)
- Designing, leading and growing organisations (20-22 April 2020)
- Smart decisions in government and business (23-25 April 2020)
- Workshop in London (11-14 May 2020)
- Workshop in Brussels (09-12 June 2020)
One of the following skills trainings*
- Monitoring & Evaluation (Fall 2019)
- Policy-Writing for Impact (Fall 2019)
Political Communication (18-19 November 2019)
- Data Skills (03-04 February 2020)
- Negotiation & Mediation (27-28 March 2020)
- Scenario-Building & Foresight (27-28 April 2020)
*Participants make their choice.
Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Three seminars and one skills training, amounting to a total of 11-12 days.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars, as well as for the follow-up assignments.
- 11 ECTS credits are acquired.
€ 6,900 if certificate programme includes a Workshop
Certificate fees are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes (unless otherwise indicated):
Attendance, online access to course literature before the seminars, materials during the seminars, beverages in the Hertie School of Governance cafeteria (open on weekdays), correction and rating of assignments, and a final certificate after full and successful attendance (11 ECTS credits are acquired). Participants of the certificate programme must complete the certificate within two years. Most courses take place on an annual basis. All seminars take place at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, workshops take place in London or Brussels.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.