In a 5-day programme, professionals are enabled to develop key competencies and skills in using data to enhance public policy.
Participants of the Hertie School Data in Public Policy Programme visit one of the following Executive Seminars and the Skills Training:
- When to Trust the Numbers: Informed Data Consumption (27-29 January 2020)
- Artifical Intelligence for Decision-Makers (30 January-01 February 2020)
- Open Data & Digital State Capacity (18-20 June 2020)
- Data Skills (03-04 February 2020)
*Participants make their choice.
All courses take place at the Hertie School in Berlin. Most courses take place on an annual basis.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- Participation in two courses (5 days in total) in Berlin.
- Additional time for the preparation of the Executive Seminar "Political Communication".
- No follow-up assignment is required. Participants who wish to continue with a Certificate programme or the Executive MPA Programme may acquire ECTS credits, which can be transferred to these programmes.
- The Executive Seminar "Political Communication" will start at 11am on the first day and end at 4pm on the third day.
- The Skills Trainings take place from 9am - 6pm on both days.
The fee for the Hertie School Communication Programme is exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Fee includes: attendance, online access to course documents, materials during the seminars, beverages, final certificate.
Registration is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. Admission is subject to availability.