This certificate includes three seminars, which need to be completed within two years. Most seminars take place on an annual basis.
Participants choose two out of the five courses offered by the Hertie School and participate in the Corporate strategy seminar at ESCP Business School in Berlin.
Courses at the Hertie School (participants choose two courses):
- Bureaucracies and evidence-based policymaking (06 - 08 October 2022)
- Strategic and performance management (10 - 12 October 2022)
- Smart decisions in government and business (30 January - 01 February 2023)
- Scenario-building and foresight (02 - 03 February 2023)
- Budgeting and priority-setting in government (16 - 18 February 2023)
Course at ESCP Business School (Berlin campus)
- Corporate strategy (13 - 15 March 2023)
Registration for ESCP Business School seminars is possible directly at ESCP Business School.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least three years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- 3 seminars (8-10 days in total) in Berlin and London.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars as well as for the follow-up assignments (except for the Skills Training "Scenario-building and foresight").
Tuition fees for the seminars offered by the Hertie School are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. The participation fee for the seminars offered by the ESCP Business School are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 22.
In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes: attendance, online access to course documents, materials during the seminars, beverages, final certificate.
Terms and Conditions (only apply to courses at the Hertie School)
Registration for the seminars at the Hertie School is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. We kindly ask all applicants for the certificate series to upload a short CV (in English or German) and their higher education diploma to the online application module. Admission is subject to availability. Registration for ESCP Business School seminars is possible directly at ESCP Business School.