This certificate includes three seminars, which need to be completed within two years. Most seminars take place on an annual basis.
Participants choose two out of the five courses offered by the Hertie School and participate in the Corporate strategy seminar at ESCP Europe in Berlin and London.
Courses at the Hertie School (participants choose two courses):
- Bureaucracies & Evidence-Based Policy-Making (24-26 October 2019)
- Strategic & Performance Management (14-16 November 2019)
- Budgeting and Priority-Setting in Government (24-26 February 2020)
- Smart Decisions in Government and Business (23-25 April 2020)
- Scenario-Building & Foresight (27-28 April 2020)
Course at ESCP Europe:
- Corporate strategy (2x2 days: ESCP Europe Berlin and ESCP Europe London). Registration for ESCP Europe seminars is possible directly at ESCP Europe.
Professionals from all sectors (public, private, and from NGOs)
- Higher education degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience (average is ten years)
- Good knowledge of English
- 3 seminars (8-10 days in total) in Berlin and London.
- Additional time for the preparation of the seminars as well as for the follow-up assignments (except for the Skills Trainings "Design thinking" and "Decision support through foresight analysis and scenario planning").
- The Executive Seminars "Nudging and experimental policy evaluation", "Smart decisions in government and business" and "Strategic management" will start at 11am on the first day and end at 4pm on the third day.
- The Skills Trainings "Design thinking" and "Decision support through foresight analysis and scenario planning" take place from 9am - 6pm on both days.
Tuition fees for the seminars offered by the Hertie School are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 21a. The participation fee for the seminars offered by the ESCP Europe are exempted from tax according to Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §4 Nr. 22.
In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees for continuing education programmes are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
Certificate fee includes: attendance, online access to course documents, materials during the seminars, beverages, final certificate.
Terms and Conditions (only apply to courses at the Hertie School)
Registration for the seminars at the Hertie School is possible throughout the year, on a first-come, first-serve basis via our online application module. We kindly ask all applicants for the certificate series to upload a short CV (in English or German) and their higher education diploma to the online application module. Admission is subject to availability. Registration for ESCP Europe seminars is possible directly at ESCP Europe.