Study | Large infrastructure projects in Germany: Between ambition and realities
This study Large infrastructure projects in Germany: Between ambition and realities under the leadership of Genia Kostka, Fellow and former Professor of Governance of Energy and Infrastructure, analyses the scale, patterns and causes of cost overruns in 170 large public infrastructure projects in Germany. Of those, 119 were finished between 1960 and 2014 and 51 are currently still under construction. Projects from the building, transportation, defence, energy and ICT sectors are analysed based on systematically-planned versus real budgets. Three detailed case studies on the Berlin Airport BER, the Elb Philharmonic and Offshore Wind Parks round out the investigation.
- Cost overruns and project size
- Cross-sector average cost overruns per project (in %)
- Kosten der Elbphilarmonie 2006,2008, 2013 (Only available in German)
- Eine Fehlerspirale außer Kontrolle (Only available in German)
- Governance model for the risk allocation between developer and TSO
- Operational offshore wind parks in Germany