3-4 February 2020 | Skills training
Artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, deep learning, predictive analytics – the sheer volume of data science buzzwords can leave one dizzy. At the same time, data are at the epicenter of current digital transformation processes. With almost all leading R&D organizations perceiving that data management should be a priority for their business, the ability to understand, interpret and leverage data in a variety of forms has become an essential skill for business professionals. Data literacy helps professionals separate useful information from background noise and enables them to take appropriate and informed actions.
This course introduces students to a core set of skills and methods needed for generating, reading, analyzing, and communicating data and provides them with the ability to apply them to their own projects. The course covers concepts such as probability, inference, regression, and machine learning and helps students develop an essential skill set that includes R programming.
This skills training is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
- Certificate in Intersectoral Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Global Policy & Diplomacy
- Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
- Hertie School Data in Public Policy Programme
- Hertie School Decision-Making Programme
- Hertie School Digitalisation Programme
All skills trainings can be customised for organisational clients. Learn more.