In this workshop we deal with the basic functions and possibilities of table calculation. You will learn how to transfer your mathematical tasks into Excel and how to structure, calculate and change the appearance of tables.
This class is for people who want to structure their work, make it less time consuming and learn more about the possibilities of Excel. It is suitable for those with no or intermediate experience in Excel.
The topics include:
• entering and editing data
• formatting data
• calculation with formulas and functions
• application of named areas
• sorting and filtering
• logical functions (e.g. if)
• working in parallel on multiple sheets
• linking sheets and workbooks
• preparation for printout
• settings and security
This course is for first year MIA and MPP students only.