5-7 September 2022 | Executive seminar [EMPA 2022 Cohort only]
This course opens the Executive MPA programme in view of three goals:
- Students get to know their cohort, identify synergies between their professional experiences and academic interests and start building a network for their studies and beyond.
- Students are familiarised with the curriculum, engage with topical questions in the making and study of public policy, discuss core challenges of modern governance with EMPA Faculty and are advised on the different courses and areas of concentration they can select.
- In close cooperation with the Hertie School’s Careers Team and the programme manager, students will also be invited to engage in guided self-reflection about their personal ‘learning journey’ and development objectives for their year(s) of graduate study.
By the end of the course, students will have become familiar with the social and professional network of the EMPA programme, will have refined their academic interests and will have reflected on their envisaged learning journey over the academic year(s) to come.
This seminar is offered as part of the Executive MPA programme.
- Thurid Hustedt , Dean of Graduate Programmes and Professor of Public Administration and Management
- Joanna Bryson , Professor of Ethics and Technology
- Gerhard Hammerschmid , Professor of Public and Financial Management
- Johanna Mair , Professor of Organization, Strategy and Leadership
- Kai Wegrich , Dean of Research and Faculty and Professor of Public Administration and Public Policy
- Wolfgang Sporrer , Adjunct
- Luciana Cingolani , Assistant Professor of Public Administration
- Alina Mungiu-Pippidi , Professor of Democracy Studies