12-13 June 2018 | Skills Training
Leadership — like many other aspects of management — is an exercise in carefully balancing choices in order to achieve defined goals. Leading individuals, groups or dedicated teams, a leader — on a daily basis — faces a multitude of decisions regarding different (often conflicting) aims, procedures, and interests.
This Skills Training views and explores the leader's role as being the central link or interface between "the team" and "the outside", including the crucial and related aspect of communication.
The course is aimed at professionals who would like to prepare for future leadership roles as well as for leaders who are (or still feel) new in their leadership role. Participants are encouraged to contribute cases from their own experience, and receive relevant and practical feedback regarding their individual leadership roles and concepts.
This skills training is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
- Certificate in Intersectoral Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Communication Management
- Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
- Hertie School Leadership Programme
All skills trainings can be customised for organisational clients. Learn more.