22-23 March 2021 | Skills training
In modern democracies, political communication constitutes a key resource and necessity for political institutions, the private sector and civil society. What matters, however, is not only what but how one communicates. Focusing on mass as well as digital communication, this course will introduce key concepts, trends and practical skills in a highly interactive and reflective mode. Strategic principles and practices, i.e. campaigning, framing, social media strategy, crisis communication, etc., are taught in the context of concrete examples and case studies.
This course enables students to understand the interplay/interdependencies between media, politics and citizens and prepare for media appearances and public speaking. It conveys key concepts such as the public sphere, media democracy and citizen engagement and combines them with practical experience and training.
This seminar is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
• Certificate in Leadership and Management
• Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
• Certificate in Intersectoral Management
• Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
• Certificate in Global Policy and Diplomacy
• Certificate in Digital Transformation
• Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
All skills trainings can be customised for organizational clients. Learn more.