23-25 April 2020 | Executive seminar
Further information will follow soon.
For reference, please see description from previous year:
The ability to make effective decisions, to design comprehensible decision processes and to understand and manage risk is crucial for managers of all sectors. This course covers the most important decision areas for managers in the private and public sector: deciding on a future strategy for their organization; allocating scarce resources in different (business) units or policy areas; making trade-offs between financial/ economic, ecologic and social objectives; transparently selecting contractors/partners; considering health or environmental risks.
Participants learn how to use Decision and Risk Analysis to support such decisions and build up their decision capability. The course enables participants to establish strategic priorities and to deal with conflicting objectives. They learn about frameworks for structuring complex decisions, involving stakeholders and managing risk effectively and they gain hands-on experience with relevant tools to aid resource allocation and option evaluation.
This seminar is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
- Certificate in Intersectoral Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Leadership in Business, Politics and Society (with ESCP Europe)
- Certificate in Strategy and Decision-Making in Business, Politics and Society (with ESCP Europe)
- Hertie School Decision Making Programme
All seminars can be customised for organisational clients. Learn more.