24-26 June 2019 | Executive seminar
Public sector organisations have to anticipate and respond to substantial challenges, such as long-term economic and financial instability, as well as demographic change or the drive for ecological sustainability. Equally important are the ongoing and increasing demands by citizens in their involvement as co-producers, initiators, voters, taxpayers or clients regarding the transparency, coherence and accessibility of public institutions and especially their ability to deliver high quality goods and services.
Participants gain a profound conceptual, instrumental and practical understanding of strategic capacity and the practice of ‘doing strategy’ in a political and administrative context. The seminar enhances participants’ awareness of opportunities for moving beyond business as usual and to act and think more strategically. This is achieved by discussing their experiences and looking at best practices. The course also provides participants with key concepts, hands-on tools, as well as critical reflection skills to evaluate and apply methods in their working environment.
This seminar is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Intersectoral Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Communication Management
- Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
- Certificate in Strategy and Decision-Making in Business, Politics and Society (with ESCP Europe)
- Hertie School Management Programme
All seminars can be customised for organisational clients. Learn more.