Postponed to 21-24 September 2020 | Workshop
Our workshop is designed to offer a range of opportunities for Executive MPA students to gain insights in, and critically reflect on, current public policy and management trends and implementation experiences in the UK. After the course, participants should be able to better understand and critically reflect on both parallel developments and significant differences between public management in the Anglo-Saxon world and in other contexts.
As in past years, we will be conducting the workshop with the renowned Institute for Government, an independent think tank that focuses on increasing government effectiveness and works with all the main political parties at Westminster and with senior civil servants in Whitehall. We will take advantage of IfG’s expertise and networks by means of a variety of presentations and discussions but also will have sessions hosted by the Digital Government Service, the Audit Office, different Whitehall departments and the Policy Institute at King's College London. This will allow for a programme which combines relevant insights with critical analysis:
- Fiscal retrenchment after 2010 and the implications for departmental transformations
- The Brexit decision and its implications for the UK government system
- Improving and transforming public service delivery
- UK efforts towards better policymaking and achieving impact
This workshop is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
All workshops can be customised for organisational clients. Learn more.