17-20 May 2021 | Workshop in London
Our workshop is designed to offer a range of opportunities for Executive MPA students to gain insights in, and critically reflect on, current public policy and management challenges, developments and implementation experiences in the UK government system. After the course, participants should be able to better understand both parallel developments and significant differences between public management in the Anglo-Saxon world and in other contexts and to reflect on a transfer of UK experiences to their own work context
As in past years, we will be conducting the workshop with the renowned Institute for Government, an independent think tank that focuses on increasing government effectiveness and works with all the main political parties at Westminster and with senior civil servants in Whitehall. We will take advantage of IfG’s expertise and networks by means of a variety of presentations and discussions but will also have sessions hosted by the Digital Government Service, the Audit Office, different Whitehall departments and the Policy Institute at King's College London. This will allow for a programme which combines relevant insights with critical analysis on the following topics:
· Fiscal retrenchment and the implications for departmental transformations
· The Brexit decision and its implications for the UK government system
· Improving and transforming public service delivery, especially through digitalisation
· UK government crisis management with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic
· UK efforts towards better policymaking and achieving impact
This seminar is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
• Certificate in Leadership and Management
• Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
• Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
• Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
All skills trainings can be customised for organizational clients. Learn more.
Find out more