The COLFUTURO-Hertie School Scholarship was established to inspire students to bring their learned expertise back to Colombia and participate in the country's growth. Applicants must be passionate about the development of Colombia and interested in working in the public sector or academia after returning to the country.
- Available for the Master of International Affairs, Master of Public Policy, and Master of Data Science for Public Policy
- One full scholarship worth 36,500 euros
- The COLFUTURO loan-scholarship will cover living expenses and other related costs for up to two years and up to 50,000 dollars.
- Applicants must show motivation to play an active role in the development of Colombia after graduation.
- Apply to the loan-scholarship on COLFUTURO’s website before 1 March.
What is it?
The Hertie School is offering this joint graduate loan-scholarship in partnership with Fundación para el Futuro de Colombia (COLFUTURO) in order to enable talented students from Colombia to pursue graduate study in Berlin. Recipients will receive a full tuition waiver from the Hertie School that covers 100% of study fees for the MIA, MPP, or MDS as well as a loan-scholarship award from COLFUTURO to cover living costs in Berlin for up to two years.
Who is it for?
- Students of Colombian origin and recipients of the COLFUTURO loan-scholarship
- Students interested in the development of Colombia and committed to returning to the country after graduation to take an active part in its growth and progress
- Preference will be given to individuals working in the public sector or academia.
- Students with demonstrated financial need
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application to the MPP, MIA or MDS programme.
- Apply to the COLFUTURO loan-scholarship between before 1 March.
- Students who are offered a place for full-time graduate study at the Hertie School and who are selected as beneficiaries of the COLFUTURO loan-scholarship programme will be considered for a full tuition waiver. The Hertie School will select the scholarship recipient from the pool of COLFUTURO’s beneficiaries.