Bank of China
The Bank of China offers loans to cover tuition fees and living expenses for studying abroad at various stages of the student's study, including pursuing a master's or doctoral degree.
- Max 90% of the total amount of the student's tuition fees and living expenses.
- Security Deposit
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
The ICBC offers a Overseas Study Loan to Chinese students studying abroad. The loan covers most of the cost involved in studying for a master's or doctoral degree at the Hertie School.
- Tuition fees, miscellaneous fees and living expenses
- Security Deposit
Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange (CSCSE)
CSCSE is a public organization under Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People’s Republic of China. CSCSE mainly engages in international education services, supports students who are pursuing international exchanges and cooperation.
Avanse offers a student loan covering 100% of tuition fees when studying abroad.
100% of tuition fees
Living expenses (books, computers, other expenses)
Travel expenses / passage money
Bank of India
The Star Educational Loan Scheme aims at providing financial support from the bank to deserving/ meritorious students for pursuing higher education in India and abroad. The main emphasis is that every meritorious student is provided with an opportunity to pursue education with the financial support on affordable terms and conditions.
HDFC Credila Financial Services Private Ltd.
India's first dedicated education loan company offers a student loan covering up to 100% of educational expenses.
100% of tuition fees
up to 100% of living costs
up to 100% of other expenses (travelling, computer, books)
This scholarship is advertised by the Ministry of Education and Research and aims to support students studying in Germany with a monthly amount of 300 Euro for 12 months. For more information please have a look at the ministry's website.
To be eligible for the grant you must meet the following criteria:
- MPP or MIA students with no further financial aid such as Hertie Tuition Waiver, scholarship, travel grant etc.
- Full-time enrolment at the Hertie School for at least 12 more months
Required application documents:
- Submitted online request MyStudies
- Explanatory statement
- Most recent transcript (Bachelor or Master)
Please submit your application via MyStudies by 31 July, 23:59 (CET) if you would like to apply.
Additional information and funding options
The Hertie School will actively support admitted students in finding external funding. Please note that the options listed above are not exhaustive and further information on external funding options and additional options will be provided on request after admission to a study programme. Please contact us at external-funding[at]hertie-school[dot]org.
The above listed options are a selection of stipend, grant, funds as well as loan providers that have provided financial assistance to Hertie School students in the past. Borrowing funds is optional and students need to carefully select the loan programme that best matches their financial need.
Additional Scholarship Search Engines:
- WeMakeScholars (international scholarships database)
- MyStipendium (search tool available in German only)
- ScholarshipPortal (search tool available in English)
- International Scholarships (scholarship and loan database in English)
- International Student (international scholarship search tool in English)
- AccessGroup (information on loans and scholarships in English)
- FinAid (information on scholarship search in English)
- Affordable Colleges Online (information on loans and scholarships in English)
- Bundesverband Deutscher Stiftungen (database of German foundations available in English and German)
- FedMoney (web guide to all U. S. Government Grants and Loans)
- Academics (scholarship search tool in German)
Please note that the providers listed here are recommendations only and the Hertie School bears no responsibility for any contracts made between students and the grants or loan providers.