Hertie School-funded scholarships and financial aid
The Hertie School grants a limited number of tuition waivers (scholarships and financial aid; mostly reductions of the tuition fees) to a small number of excellent and motivated candidates. Please check the scholarships and financial aid section for details.
External funding and loans
Deutsche Bank – Personal Loan for tuition fees
The Deutsche Bank offers personal loans covering tuition fees up to a maximum of 75.000€.
- EU citizenship and residency in Germany
- Employment contract (> 6 months) in Germany
- Must be taxable in Germany
- German bank account
- No securities (e.g. guarantor)
- Possibility of unscheduled repayments, free of charge
- Duration of credit: up to 95 months with consistent monthly rates
- Fixed interest on debit
- ID / Passport and city registration
- Employment contract
- Last two salary statements
- Bank statement of the last four weeks
Send above mentioned documents to Christian.weichhart[at]db[dot]com
Support from employer
Many of our part-time Executive MPA participants receive some sort of support from their employer. This can be in the form of non-financial support, such as more flexibility or extra-leave, but also of financial support. Seminars and certificates are very often supported by the employer as an integral part of continuing education.
- Employees of the higher civil service ("höherer Dienst") working for German Federal Ministries and their subordinate agencies can be financially supported. Please contact your personnel department or empa-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org for details.
A modular entry into the Executive MPA Programme is possible via the Executive Seminars and Certificates. All courses offered are Executive MPA seminars of 2-4 days each. Certificate participants select a certain academic focus and accomplish four courses (11 days in total) within a period of one or two years. There are no scholarships or reductions of the tuition for this programme, but credits earned can be recognised if a participant later starts with the Executive MPA (all tuition fees paid for seminars and certificates are offset against the EMPA tuition fees).
- In most German federal states, legislation allows employees to attend continuing education courses (paid educational leave - "Bildungsurlaub") for several working days per year with no loss in earnings. Please check your state government or the following website (in German) for details.
- In Germany and many other countries, tuition fees are also fully tax-deductible as professional training expenses.
- Own resources: Last but not least, an investment in your education can pay off. Participation in a high-profile executive education programme can be key to taking the next step in your professional life, to preparing you for a career change, getting challenged intellectually, reflecting, adjusting and expanding your horizon, meeting new inspiring people and to enlarging your network! Learn more about the Hertie School community.