As of November 2018 the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research of the Republic of Chile ("CONICYT") and the Hertie School of Governance have a mutual scholarship programme for graduate students (Masters & PhD). Students can apply for a BECAS Chile scholarships and a partial tuition waiver (up to 25% for 3 students) from the Hertie School.
By presenting their official admission to the Hertie School, students can formally apply to CONICYT for the scholarship, which covers tuition fees after discount, living expenses, return ticket in economy class and health insurance. [more]
For more information on the application procedure with CONICYT please visit their website: [more]
Since October 2017, the Hertie School has a cooperation agreement with Colfuturo in order to promote Colombians' access to high-quality postgraduate education. Colfuturo offers a scholarhip-loan support model, which can provide students with up to US$25.000 per year for a maximum of 2 years. In total, students can get up to US$50.000 and can use the money as they wish to cover their tuition, living expenses and/or campus fees.
Students may be awarded with a 40% scholarship of the loaned amount if they complete their degree, return to Colombia and remain in the country for at least 3 years. They can get up to 40% in additional scholarship money if they work at least 3 years outside Bogotá in the public or academic sector.
You can also watch a presentation about Colfuturo and studying at the Hertie School.
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses (books, computers, other expenses)
FIDERH - Fund for Human Resource Development Mexico
FIDERH and the Hertie School of Governance started a collaboration in 2017 to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the field of education between Mexico and Germany. The target is to provide financial assistance for talented Mexican students through a joint Loan-Tuition Fee support programme.
The Hertie School will provide tuition fee waiver amounting to 10% for up to 10 eligible Master students while FIDERH will provide appropriate funding to those students.
FUNED supports Mexican students to find the best possible programme with the objective of promoting Mexican society and economy. Work experience and a good university degree are required.
- The loan programme offers 20,000 US dollars per year
[more] (Spanish only)
Mexican National Bank
The Mexican National Bank offers a loan programme for master's (24 months) and PhD (36 months) programmes. A certificate proving applicants' English skills is required (TOEFL or IELTS).
- The loan programme offers 200,000 Mexican pesos per year
[more] (Spanish only)
This scholarship is advertised by the Ministry of Education and Research and aims to support students studying in Germany with a monthly amount of 300 Euro for 12 months. For more information please have a look at the ministry's website.
To be eligible for the grant you must meet the following criteria:
- MPP or MIA students with no further financial aid such as Hertie Tuition Waiver, scholarship, travel grant etc.
- Full-time enrolment at the Hertie School for at least 12 more months
Required application documents:
- Submitted online request MyStudies
- Explanatory statement
- Most recent transcript (Bachelor or Master)
Please submit your application via MyStudies by Monday, 31 July, 23:59 (CET) if you would like to apply.
Additional information and funding options
The Hertie School will actively support admitted students in finding external funding. Please note that the options listed above are not exhaustive and further information on external funding options and additional options will be provided on request after admission to a study programme. Please contact us at external-funding[at]hertie-school[dot]org.
The above listed options are a selection of stipend, grant, funds as well as loan providers that have provided financial assistance to Hertie School students in the past. Borrowing funds is optional and students need to carefully select the loan programme that best matches their financial need.
Additional Scholarship Search Engines:
- MyStipendium (search tool available in German only)
- ScholarshipPortal (search tool available in English)
- International Scholarships (scholarship and loan database in English)
- International Student (international scholarship search tool in English)
- AccessGroup (information on loans and scholarships in English)
- FinAid (information on scholarship search in English)
- Affordable Colleges Online (information on loans and scholarships in English)
- Bundesverband Deutscher Stiftungen (database of German foundations available in English and German)
- FedMoney (web guide to all U. S. Government Grants and Loans)
- Academics (scholarship search tool in German)
Please note that the providers listed here are recommendations only and the Hertie School bears no responsibility for any contracts made between students and the grants or loan providers.