The Prospect Burma Scholarship aims to inspire students to study, bring back their learned expertise to Myanmar and participate in the country's growth. Applicants must be passionate about the development of Myanmar and committed to sustaining this exchange for future generations.
- Available for the Master of Public Policy, Master of International Affairs or Master of Data Science for Public Policy
- At least one full scholarship worth 36,500 euros at the Hertie School
- Living expenses for two years in Berlin covered by Prospect Burma, worth approximately 16,800 euros
- Applicants must show motivation to play an active role in the development of Myanmar after graduation.
- Apply between 1 December 2021 and 31 January 2022.
What is it?
The Hertie School is collaborating with Prospect Burma to offer the Prospect Burma Scholarship which will enable students from Myanmar to pursue the Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs in Berlin.
For nearly 30 years, the educational charity Prospect Burma has supported talented students from Myanmar, who have gone on to make large contributions not only to their own communities but also to the country as a whole.
Who is it for?
- Students of Myanmar origin who are interested in Myanmar's democratic development and who are committed to returning to the country after graduation to take an active part in its growth and progress.
- Students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Priority will be given to students who are currently residing in Myanmar.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard MIA, MPP or MDS application to the Hertie School and a separate scholarship application to Prospect Burma between 1 December 2022 and 31 January 2023.
- Once admitted by the Hertie School, Prospect Burma will review the accepted students' applications and shortlist candidates for an interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in May, and the scholarship recipient will be informed via e-mail in June.