Climate change, cyber-warfare, nuclear weapons, terrorism – the security challenges facing the international community in the 21st century are diverse and complex. The International Security Policy Scholarship is intended for students who are passionate about international security and wish to pursue a career in this field.
- Available for the Master of International Affairs
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- Up to two full scholarships are available, each worth 32,500 EUR
Who is it for?
MIA applicants with demonstrated academic or professional interest in international security and the challenges that arise in a complex, global multi-level system.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application to the MIA programme.
- Additionally, answer one of the following questions in a brief essay:
- There are currently many grand challenges to international security. Pick one such challenge and critically analyse what the key obstacles are to solving it.
- Over the past decade, many pundits and commentators have argued that, globally speaking, war is on the decline. Critically analyse this statement.
The additional motivation letter and essay should be sent to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard application has been submitted.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1 May. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.